Come join the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Non-Profit of the Year!
GIS Team Manager
Hopeworks ‘N Camden is a nationally recognized not-for-profit organization founded in 2000 in Camden, NJ.
Our Vision is to heal communities by creating safe pathways through which we own our histories and discover new choices. We do this by using education, technology and entrepreneurship to partner with young men and women of Camden, NJ, as they identify and earn a sustainable future. Together we seize the opportunity to heal and thrive in the midst of violence and poverty. Our trainees have gone on to get jobs, attend colleges, and earn GEDs. They have developed Websites for more than 400 paying clients, served over 60 clients via our GIS business, and developed lasting partnerships with six different organizations.
Position & Responsibilities
Hopeworks ‘N Camden (www.hopeworks.org) is looking for a GIS Team Manager to work in the GIS Program. Successful candidates should have the ability to assist in the daily operation and management of the Geographic Information System (GIS) program which includes supervising the GIS team, data collection, analysis, management and presentation of data. Applicants should have an entrepreneurial approach and be able to interact across a wide number of cultural and socioeconomic boundaries. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly energetic and bring passion for working with urban youth and distressed communities to our team.
Duties for this important opportunity include but are not limited to:
- Personnel Management
- Participates in selection of applicants, training, guidance, supervision and evaluation of daily work tasks and performance of assigned personnel including performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Project Management
- Assures the timely completion of development and GIS maintenance projects.
- Directs, controls, and performs activities in connection with feasibility studies, cost estimates, requests for proposals (RFP), project evaluations, systems analysis, design, programming, training, map and database maintenance, documentation, development of standards, and implementation of new systems and the maintenance of existing systems.
- Responsible for staff’ adherence to established schedules and high quality work product.
- Assist the GIS Team in the data survey work in the community, helping trainees and staff make connections across Camden
- Technical Skills
- Computer skills: capability to solve simple issues (computers setup, configuration, etc) and installation and maintenance of software.
- Capability to learn GIS and GPS methodology and train new staff
- Basic knowledge of GIS and GPS desired
- Experience managing teams of youth around important projects
- Willingness to learn the basics of GIS, data structure, and capability to create maps using ArcGIS software and web maps (desired), and GPS technology.
- Ability to learn and understand or learn the basic water system network structure as it applies to a network GIS configuration .
- Capacity to analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data and and interpret basic civil engineering and architectural drawings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well within a team, outstanding listening skills, and ability to follow directions.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com. Please do not call.